Sometimes sex becomes more of an item on your to-do list when we are trying to get pregnant. We forget about the real purpose of having sex with our partner… and we focus on ovulation, timing and getting a positive that month. In this Fertility TV I give you my tips to avoid this.
Have you ever wonder why you might not be feeling like having sex? Here are the 5 more common causes you don’t feel like having sex (and what to do about it)
Birth control pushes down your hormones, so it’s common to be a little bit off after you stop taking it. If you are not ovulating when you are supposed to (or maybe not ovulating at all) your libido will be off too. It’s important to get your body back to normal after you get off birth control, to help your body go back to the normal cycle (which means, as your hormones shift towards ovulation, your libido increases, your cervical mucus too, as your body is getting ready to conceive). If you were on birth control for a while and it’s taking you longer to get pregnant than you would like, let’s talk. Here is the link to schedule a consultation with me and my team of natural fertility specialist.
Often times, fertility medication messes up your hormones too. If you are reading this, you might be going through an IUI or IVF cycle. Fertility meds are created to make your ovaries work harder for one specific cycle, but this could affect your libido later on. If you’ve been taking fertility meds for a little while, I’d suggest doing a Fertility Detox.
3. How is your thyroid?
- If your thyroid is not functioning properly, your hormones are off. Low thyroid causes low libido, meaning, not interest in having sex. With Hashimotos (the autoimmune side of thyroid issues) this accentuates your low sex drive even more. Other autoimmune issues, related with fatigue, are a common cause of lack of interest
How are your feelings?
Sounds obvious, but if you are not happy, you are probably not interested in sex. Connecting with your partner emotionally and mentally, is very important for women. All the fertility challenges might be making you sad, anxious… check with yourself. Here is one of my favorite tools to help my patients reconnect with their emotions. This is a free sample fertility meditation and exercise I share with some of the ladies I help getting pregnant with my virtual fertility consultations.
An awesome resource to help you understand what you are going through emotionally, is Organic Conceptions.
The Organic Conceptions “Journey to Parenthood and Beyond”: is a 5 part audio program that delves into the remarkable findings from this unique body of research on the topic of overcoming infertility naturally. By applying principles of biology, sociology, psychology, and multivariate statistics this program demystifies unexpected pregnancies by examining commonalities and unearthing strategies that empower potential parents to put an end to the struggle. Narrated by Marc Sherman and Kate Webster, they discuss in detail the patterns, commonalities and insights that were discovered in this multi-year study. These findings now serve as a framework, to help couples embrace and emerge from their struggle, no matter where they are on their path to parenthood.
5. Sex on the clock
- If you just have sex around ovulation time, with a fixed schedule…you are killing the mood. “Trying to have a baby” type of sex is not very exciting. Connect with your partner, enjoy sex out of your fertile window and try to break up the routine.
No matter the reason, we need to find out why you don’t feel like having sex. What if this is the tip of the iceberg for the hormonal issue that’s not letting you get pregnant? Let’s empower your fertility, so you can enjoy sex and can take away the pressure from you and your partner!
If you are on this page, watching this Fertility TV episode. Our mission is to help you address the root cause of your fertility problems, empower your body to its maximum health so you can get pregnant naturally.If you’ve been trying with no success and want fertility help and answers on how to get pregnant, the Hope Coaching is the next stepH.O.P.E – Heal naturally to Overcome Infertility & Get Pregnant by Empowering your body
During this 1-hour online fertility consultation you’ll get all the fertility support you need,we’ll review your case, give you recommendations and create a next steps for a personalized plan to help you get pregnant
The H.O.P.E Coaching is the next step to make sure your fertility journey is going towards a healthy pregnancy. 60 minutes can mean the difference on how long it takes for you to hold your dreamed baby
- If you’ve been trying for quite some time with no results, are tired of seeing doctors with no answers, but are not ready to quit on your body and your fertility, we’ll be your “fertility detectives”. During the HOPE Coaching call we’ll find answers to your fertility problems and study the next steps in your fertility journey
- If you started trying some months ago, but need guidance, want a holistic approach to fertility and are ready to empower your fertility in a natural way, the HOPE coaching call will give you the help you need to eliminate any blockages so you can start seeing results and feel EMPOWER, fertile and baby ready
- If you are thinking about getting pregnant and want to know how to get your body ready, empower your fertility in a natural way following our holistic fertility approach so you can get pregnant fast avoiding IVF
Leave a comment below if you have questions about this Fertility TV episode. Why do you think you don’t feel like having sex?