Are prenatal vitamins right for you?
Are you asking yourself if prenatal vitamins are right for you? The short answer is yes! Prenatal vitamins give you the essential nutrients you need for you and your soon to be child. Prenatal vitamins are a convenient way to make sure you are creating a healthy environment for you and your child by consuming the necessary vitamins.
When should you start prenatal vitamins and for how long?
My rule of thumb is to start taking your prenatal vitamins three months before you plan to conceive. You will want to continue to take prenatal vitamins through your pregnancy and post. Ideally, you maintain your prenatal vitamin ritual post-pregnancy until you have finished breastfeeding. You can always take a break from your morning vitamin ritual if needed pre or post pregnancy.
What prenatal vitamins do I recommend?
My favorite prenatal vitamin is Ortho Molecular Prenatal Complete with DHA. These prenatal vitamins are a well-balanced mixture, and I would recommend for any woman TTC. The key ingredients are Folate, DHA, Iron, and Iodine.
- Folate is needed very early in pregnancy and important during the time of conception. Before and during pregnancy, Folate supports an overall healthy pregnancy.
- DHA – Omega-3 fatty acids play a key role in the development of the baby’s brain and eye development. I go into greater detail of the importance of fish oils in my previous blog post: Fish Oil and Getting Pregnant Fast
- Iron is needed in aiding a healthy flow of energy and oxygen to a developing baby. 20% of pregnant woman have a low iron level.
- Iodine plays a critical role in the development of a baby’s nervous system. Iodine is an important supplement during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
Where do I purchase Ortho Molecular Prenatal Complete with DHA?
Fullscript is the safest and most convenient way to purchase products that I trust and recommend to improve your fertility and health. I created a selection of supplements, divided by categories. Very easy to use! Just click this link, register and use the menu to find Ortho Molecular Prenatal Complete with DHA and other supplements I recommend. Get my favorite supplements here
- You need to create an account in order to purchase them. First click this link and create an account.
- Once you log in, follow the steps in the image below
- Search for “Ortho Molecular Prenatal Complete with DHA” using the Dispensary categories
Keep learning about How to EMPOWER your fertility naturally with weekly Fertility TV Episodes!
Almost 50,000 subscribers can’t be wrong! A fresh approach to natural fertility and women’s health, with tons of easy health tips on how to get pregnant and fertility science with a dash of humor! Get the weekly Fertility TV episodes with all you need to know when trying to get pregnant