In this Fertility TV Episode I’m bringing you a special guest and dear friend. Robin is an Integrative Clinical Nutrition Consultant, Board Certified in Holistic Nutrition with a focus on nutrition endocrinology. She is the Founder and CEO of Insulite Health, Robin has a passion for helping women live vibrant, fulfilling lives. Robin had her own struggles with health. As a teenager she suffered from digestive disorders, weight, acne and hypoglycemia. As an adult she continued to struggle with balancing blood sugar, adult acne, mood swings, weight gain, arthritic conditions in her hands, debilitating fatigue, brain fog and chronic inflammation, and had a late term miscarriage with her third child. Robin understands first hand how symptoms of poor health can keep us from living the life we dream.
Watch this Fertility Tv episode and read the article where she goes over The Top 10 Hormone Deal-Breakers and 9 Secrets to Hormone Balance
Getting pregnant and carrying a baby full term takes hormone balance. But that can be hard to come by, especially if you suffer from infertility. The number one cause of infertility is polycystic ovary syndrome, or PCOS, and many women who suffer from the condition don’t even know they have it. This condition happens when the male/female ratio of hormones is upset. Here’s an easy way to tell if this is what’s going on for you. Take a look at these symptoms to see which are affecting you right now:
- A history of infertility or irregular menstrual cycles
- Weight gain around the middle and it’s hard to lose weight
- Dark facial hair or body hair
- Thinning head hair (alopecia)
- Skin tags
- Irritability, anxiety or depression
- Uncontrollable cravings
- You have been prescribed the birth control pill, Metformin or Spironolactone to manage your symptoms
Many of these symptoms are caused by androgen excess, or too many male hormones compared to the amount of female hormones you have. If you experience two or more of these symptoms then your hormones are out of balance. It can be confusing to figure out why this is happening because there are many potential reasons.
Here are my top 10 reasons. I call them hormone deal-breakers for just this reason, and while you’re going through these you may think of some of your own. Then I’ll share with you my 9 Secrets to Hormone Balance right after so you can start to figure this out.
The Top 10 Reasons Your Hormones May Be Out of Balance
#1 – Too much insulin – insulin resistant. This is the biggie but most women don’t know they have this problem. Do your fasting insulin blood test to make sure you are below 5.4 uIU/mL, or better yet, below 5.2.
#2 – The wrong food for you and incorrect timing of meals.
#3 – Nutrient deficiencies. (The Fertility Expet’s tip: watch this workshop to find out what 5 MUST take supplements when you are trying to get pregnant. The FREE “The Fantastic 5 of Fertility Supplements Workshop” is for anyone who is trying to conceive, wants to empower their body’s natural ability to get pregnant by taking the RIGHT supplements and wants to have a healthy pregnancy and baby. Start watching here)
#4 – The wrong type of exercise (The Fertility Expert’s Tip: My friend Nicole put together this exerise guide, specially designed for women trying to get pregnant. You can get it free here)
#5 – Your body care products, cosmetics, household cleaners and detergent – TOXINS (The Fertility Expert’s Tip: click here to read a very interesting interview about toxins and fertility. Lara, who is a Toxins expert shares a Pre-Conception Detox Action Guide. Lara has created a special guide just for those of your out there trying to get pregnant. Check out her Preconception Detox Action guide packed with healthy tips to secure your home environment for you and your soon to be child!)
#6 Anemias. The biggest one for fertility is an iron deficiency. Check your “ferritin” levels on blood work and shoot for between 50-100 ng/mL. Test, don’t guess!
#7 Toxic relationships.
#8 A schedule that’s just too busy.
#9 Thyroid and adrenal challenges.
#10 Poor digestion.
These are big categories, but many are easy to remedy. The way to look for these hormone deal-breakers is to identify anything that keeps your body stressed out. What comes up for you around this? Maybe a job that isn’t serving you or not enough me time?
Here are my 9 Secrets to Hormone Balance
that will help you get back into balance:
- The right food for you. Whole real food that truly nourishes your body both inside and out.
- Replacing missing nutrients. Nutrients help your body to function, so if you’re deficient in any nutrients you’ll have unpleasant symptoms letting you know.
- Doing the right form of exercise for you. We learn to overexercise and under eat so it makes sense that we often forgo sleep to get out there and exercise. Instead, slow down and try walking to give your body a chance to heal.
- Cravings awareness. Cravings can sabotage even the best laid plans but they often happen because of lack of sleep or just too much stress. Just having this awareness about what’s going on for you can turn the tide on insatiable cravings.
- Support community is key if you want to heal. Surround yourself with likeminded woman who understand what you’re going through, but who also know that you can achieve your health goals. Believe!
- Getting enough sleep – the elixir for vibrant health.
- Identifying stressors in your life and then removing them one by one.
- Using a hormone assessment to understand what’s going on. (The Fertility Expert’s Tip: click here to schedule your Fertiltiy assessment with me or my team)
- Test don’t guess. Know what to test for and what the optimal reference ranges are for health.
- Find an accountability buddy or join a program that can help to keep you on track.
- Pleasure is an essential nutrient. Learn how to bring more pleasure into your life to be in balance more of the time.
This is a lot of information, and each category has a deep dive into just what this looks like. But now you have an awareness as to what to focus on, and just picking one thing can have a big impact. I call it the 5% Solution. Small changes over time equal big success.
The PCOS 5-Element System was designed to address all of the hormone deal-breakers and guide you on the 9 secrets to hormone balance so that you don’t have to figure this out all by yourself. Learn more here on how to get started.
You deserve to feel your best and have the family that you desire!
The PCOS System Has Helped 1000s of Women Just Like You Break Free From PCOS Using These 5-Elements:
- Nutraceutical Solution
- Food as Medicine
- Movement as Medicine
- Cravings Awareness
- Support Community
H.O.P.E Coaching – Heal naturally to Overcome infertility & get Pregnant by Empowering your body
Who is this for: Any women trying to get pregnant for +6 months
It includes: 60 minutes coaching call with Dr Sklar, The Fertility Expert
During this 1 hour online fertility consultation with Dr Sklar, or his team of natural fertility experts, you’ll get all the fertility support you need,we’ll review your case, give you recommendations and create a next steps for a personalized plan to help you get pregnant
The H.O.P.E Coaching is a 60 minutes call where we’ll go over your fertility case and give you customized recommendations, that work for YOU. Me and my team of fertility experts are here to help you improve your fertility to get pregnant.
Keep learning about How to EMPOWER your fertility naturally with weekly Fertility TV Episodes!
Almost 50,000 subscribers can’t be wrong! A fresh approach to natural fertility and women’s health, with tons of easy health tips on how to get pregnant and fertility science with a dash of humor! Get the weekly Fertility TV episodes with all you need to know when trying to get pregnant