How to approach your partner about getting tested for fertility
H, I’m d. Marc Sklar, the fertility expert, and thanks for joining me on Fertility TV. In this episode, we’re talking about how to approach your partner when you think it is time for them to get tested. So stay tuned if you think this is a topic you’re interested in. Watch the rest of this video.
Well, let’s address a couple of issues.
1) First and foremost, no man likes to do a semen analysis. Even though it is potentially the only thing you’re asking them to do, they don’t like it. It is uncomfortable and it is awkward. They have to aim into a little cup and that’s no fun for anybody. So when it comes down to it, you have to acknowledge, and I think it’s important that you verbally acknowledge that “I know you don’t like it and I know you don’t want to do it but I do think it is important for us to get this information, first and foremost.”
2) It is one of the test they really need to do and hopefully they only have to do it once. So really, I encourage you to approach the in that manner, like “I need to do all these things to find out what our fertility is like. You only need to do this one thing.” If there are slackers on schedule and planning you should take responsibility for that and make sure that you plan and schedule the appointment for them.
Then also, 3) it is best to know information now and not later. I hate finding out that a patient is trying for three years, they do a semen analysis that they have count motility and morphology issues. You can make changes and make impacts to all of these parameters. You want to know that information up front. So it is better to find out now up front versus six months, nine months, a year, three years down the road when all of this you can use that time to take action and be proactive about the situation.
Obviously, it is not that comfortable when they go in to do a semen analysis and most men are embarrassed to even be there to do it. First, I should clarify. Often times there are many fertility clinic that you don’t even need to do it in their facility, but you can do it at home and bring in the samples. That certainly makes it easier. But even if you have to do it there or just drop it off, there is this whole embarrassment situation that comes up. You just recognize that the whole embarrassment issue is all on you and nobody else. Nobody else in that fertility clinic really cares. It is so common place for them that it’s not a big deal whatsoever. If all else fails and you can’t convince them with any other reason to go ahead and do the semen analysis, just tell them that I said so. They have to go do it. It is important, super valuable and you need the information for your fertility and if you, as a couple, want to get pregnant, grow children and you’re your family, go ahead and take action and get a semen analysis.
If you like this video give me a thumbs up, leave a comment below and subscribe to my Fertility TV channel so that you can find out the latest videos that are coming out. If you want to get some personalized information straight to your inbox then subscribe to my newsletter. You can do so at marcsklar.com/newsletter. I’ll also send you a private invitation to join me in my private Facebook group. Thanks so much.
The Fertility Balanced Wheel is an easy exercise you can do at home that will help you take a look at different areas in your life that are affecting your fertility.
- You’ll learn about the 12 areas affecting your fertility.
- You’ll understand what the areas in your life that need more support and focus right now.
- You’ll get your fertility score for more recommendations.
- You’ll be able to look at your body as a whole, don’t focus only in your reproductive system.
Looking for more guidance during your fertility journey? Talk to a Fertility Expert and sign up for our weekly fertility tips!
Talk with The Fertility Expert’s Team
Our mission is to help you address the root cause of your fertility problems, empower your body to its maximum health so you can get pregnant naturally. If you’ve been trying with no success and want fertility help and answers on how to get pregnant, the Hope Coaching is the next step.
During this 1-hour online fertility consultation, you’ll get all the fertility support you need, we’ll review your case, give you recommendations and create a next steps for a personalized plan to help you get pregnant The H.O.P.E Coaching is the next step to make sure your fertility journey is going towards a healthy pregnancy. 60 minutes can mean the difference on how long it takes for you to hold your dreamed baby. No matter where you live (our programs are virtual), how long you’ve been trying or your fertility condition, we’re here for you.
H.O.P.E Coaching – Heal naturally to Overcome infertility & get Pregnant by Empowering your body
Who is this for: Any women trying to get pregnant for +6 months
It includes: 60 minutes coaching call with Dr Sklar, The Fertility Expert
During this 1 hour online fertility consultation with Dr Sklar, or his team of natural fertility experts, you’ll get all the fertility support you need,we’ll review your case, give you recommendations and create a next steps for a personalized plan to help you get pregnant
The H.O.P.E Coaching is a 60 minutes call where we’ll go over your fertility case and give you customized recommendations, that work for YOU. Me and my team of fertility experts are here to help you improve your fertility to get pregnant.
Keep learning about How to EMPOWER your fertility naturally with weekly Fertility TV Episodes!
Almost 50,000 subscribers can’t be wrong! A fresh approach to natural fertility and women’s health, with tons of easy health tips on how to get pregnant and fertility science with a dash of humor! Get the weekly Fertility TV episodes with all you need to know when trying to get pregnant