Detoxification is a big topic, but for now we are focusing on detoxification and your hormones. During this Fertility TV episode I’ll be talking about hormones and fertility.
When is the best time to detox?
This can vary from patient to patient. The times of year that are best suited for detox are Spring and Fall. This follows the natural rhythms of our bodies and of the earth. Detoxifying twice a year during these seasons makes sense as we come out of the extremes of Summer and Winter.
There are other times that make sense, so you don’t need to wait.
One of the other key times to detoxify is when we find out that we have excess hormones in the body.
We want to promote and keep a proper balance in the body.
If you find out you are estrogen dominant, we want that to go away:
- You shouldn’t wait for a specific time of year to do a hormone detox; we can start an estrogen cleanse right away.
- The same applies for those who have androgen dominance.
- And these types of hormonal detoxes can be extremely important to do for both men and women.
If you have had exposure to toxins or chemicals:
- Possibly in your workplace, or have a toxic or chemical overload that happened incidentally.
- An exposure to toxins and chemicals can burden your system.
- These types of detoxes need to be handled a little bit differently.
- For example, mold exposure can be a major health and toxin issue.
Besides hormones and toxic exposure:
- it can be good to detox when you feel like your liver needs a little support.
- This can be indicated on lab work or while working with a health care provider who feels your liver may be sluggish.
- A liver detox can be beneficial and supportive..
Increased hormone exposure can include any kind of fertility treatment:
- That means birth control, inseminations, hormone treatments, or IVF treatments.
- This can absolutely burden the system and cause a hormone overload.
- We should choose an appropriate time to do that detox, possibly between IVF cycles or as you are coming off birth control pills.
- Getting rid of the excess hormones that are stored in the body and in the fat cells is extremely important.
You made it all the way through! That means that you are probably ready to take the next step in your journey towards a healthy pregnancy. It can be a lot of work, especially when the desired results are hard to come by. There is a lot of information to sift through and techniques to put into practice.
If you are ready to put in the work, but not sure what exactly you need to be doing, then My Fertility School is your answer. Join me for a 6 week e-course to supercharge your fertility and health. I will walk you through, offer support and encouragement, help with implementation and get you on your way to a healthy pregnancy. Click here to know more about my signature fertility program.
If you enjoyed the video and information, and would like to see more, please subscribe to Fertility TV.